35. ADVICES FOR YOUNG PEOPLE. Acquire digital photography skills while you are young

COACHING YOUNG PEOPLE by Dr David Sing.

I am Dr David Sing, a veterinarian now 73 years old. Over the past decades, I took bad photos as I was too busy to acquire good techniques. I just used the P Mode of the Canon camera, thinking that the camera will create good photos for me as this is "Program" Mode.  I had over 90% poor quality photos. I did not have mentors or handphones then.

Many young people have the latest smartphones which capture excellent photos, but they rarely are interested in acquiring better photography skills. They shoot images of travel and leisure and do not bother about the quality or how to make better photos. Soon they accumulate lots of blurry photos that can be better shot.

Dr David Sing will advise them free of charge if they wish to ask for advice. This blog also provides some case studies on how to create better photos and showcase such photos in shutterstock which accepts only high quality stock photos.

www.shutterstock.com/g/toapayohvets

www.instagram.com/davidsing1

https://photographysingkongyuen.blogspot.com/

EXAMPLE 1. TRAVEL PHOTOGRAPHY.
On a recent trip from Hong Kong, I took this Boeing 777 jet on arrival at Changi Airport to keep a record of my travel and to practise using the M Mode (Manual) in my photography. All passengers just walked past. It is practice and practice that one gets skilful.  In this case, the photo was good enough to be accepted by shutterstock. 


-----------------------------
 

EXAMPLE 2. TRAVEL PHOTOGRAPHY

The Common Rose butterfly sips honey at 1 pm in the public garden outside Double Cove condo in Wu Kai Sha, Hong Kong. The butterfly just appeareGd and posed for me on 28 May, as if she knows I am looking to photograph butterflies in Hong Kong and they are rare, just as in Singapore, in urban gardens>
I used TV Mode, f/4.5 and 1/1000 sec and a tripod to get this sharp image accepted by shutterstock.com/g/toapayohvets




EXAMPLE 3. Samsung phone photo from a lady.


 
 







Young people interested in knowing whether their photos are of good quality can contact me at 99pups@gmail.com or WhatsApp +65 9668 6468. I will try to help as much as possible.





 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

51. PHOTOGRAPHY. TRAVELS USA. The Ah Ha Moment. Breaking into a tour coach after midnight in the USA.

28. PHOTOGRAPHY OF MOON - Morning Moon from Canon R5. Use shutterspeed 2.5 sec

40. PHOTOGRAPHY & VIDEO - Merlion tourists - Sunday 11 Jun 2023